OSHA Enforcement Trends:
- OSHA enforcement efforts are at historically high levels.
- OSHA could inspect your company at any time, without notice.
- OSHA increased fines by 78% on 8/1/16.
- On average, OSHA will find between 5-8 “Serious” Violations during a comprehensive inspection.
- With new fine increases, this translates into an anticipated average fine of $37,000 – $125,000 per comprehensive inspection, but could be much higher for unprepared companies
- The number of fines exceeding $100,000 have more than doubled since 2007.
- 25% of inspections are triggered by employee complaints. This could be current employees, or employees who were fired or laid off.