Health & Safety Jobs in Texas
What’s It Like To Be An EHS Consultant at Berg Compliance Solutions?
Hear What Our Company’s First Apprentice Hire Has To Say
Who Is Berg Compliance Solutions?:
Our company is very unique in that we focus almost entirely on helping small companies achieve and maintain environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance. Small companies are at greatest risk because they almost always lack the expertise, time, money and resources needed to successfully manage OSHA, environmental and hazardous materials compliance, so that’s where we step in to help fill the gap. We get to know and develop very close relationships with our clients, their business operations and employees. These relationships develop into true partnerships that result in a safer, healthier and cleaner workplace for the company, their employees, local communities and the environment.
We offer a very unique, proven and customized outsourced environmental, health and safety consulting service that gets our clients compliant in the most efficient, cost effective and least disruptive way possible. Our model has proven to be extremely successful and as a result we continue to experience substantial year after year growth. In order to meet the soaring demand for our services, we are seeking motivated, talented, committed and experienced individuals to join our team and grow their careers.
Why Choose A Career With Our Company?
Our staff enjoy a company culture that values and promotes professional growth and development, teamwork, accountability and autonomy. We train our team members how to deliver our services and then allow them the autonomy to manage their workload and clients as they see fit, so long as the work gets done and our clients are happy. We also provide an internal support system that our staff members can always rely on when needed.
Whether you’re a health and safety expert looking to expand your environmental and hazardous materials compliance knowledge and skills, or vice versa, we offer the challenges, workload and opportunities to make it happen. Our health and safety services include inspections, training, industrial hygiene surveys, record keeping, OSHA enforcement assistance, as well as development of written programs, LOTO procedures, hazard assessments and more. Our environmental and hazardous materials compliance services include stormwater, air permits and authorizations, hazardous waste management, reporting and training.
In addition to our broad compliance solutions and services, we work with a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, energy, industrial services, health care, distribution and more.
Few consulting companies offer their team members exposure to such a wide variety of environmental, health and safety compliance and industry challenges and opportunities.
It all adds up to a superior team environment and fantastic opportunity for professional growth and development with a rapidly growing, reputable and focussed company.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then keep reading….
Staff Consultant Qualification & Experience Requirements:
We are currently seeking experienced and qualified individuals who understand OSHA rules, regulations and standards as they apply to general industry and construction activities, and are able to apply this knowledge for the benefit of our clients. Ideally, the individual possesses some level of environmental & hazardous materials compliance experience as it relates to hazardous waste management/RCRA, Storm Water, Air Permit & reporting. DOT compliance experience would also be beneficial.
Staff Level EHS Consultant Positions in Austin, TX
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 2-5 years of EHS compliance experience in Construction and/or General Industry and especially manufacturing.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of EHS training experience
- Industrial Hygiene experience preferred
- Extensive understanding of OSHA 1926, 1910 and 1904 standards and ability to apply that knowledge for our client’s benefit
- Preferred, but not required: Environmental & hazardous materials compliance including RCRA-Hazardous Waste Management, Storm Water, Air Permitting & Authorizations, Tier II, SPCC, TRI.
- Proficient with use of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel and Access
- Professional appearance and attitude with demonstrated “educational approach” to EHS compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
Project Work Incudes:
- Conduct project, site and operational EHS compliance and due diligence audits
- Develop EHS compliance programs per customer operations & requirements
- Conduct EHS training for client employees and contractors
- Industrial Hygiene surveys
- ISO 14001 & OSHSAS 18001 audits and support
- Environmental and Hazardous Materials compliance program implementation and maintenance
- 4 year B.S. degree, ideally in occupational health & safety or environmental or related sciences, from an accredited 4 year university
- Graduate degree in occupational health and safety or environmental sciences
Candidates must live in the Austin area or be willing to relocate (no relocation package available).
We are seeking to fill full time positions.
Interested and qualified candidates should respond to email@example.com with:
– Current copy of resume
– Compensation requirements
– Available start date