Do you have at least 15 years of experience in all areas of environmental, health and safety in manufacturing & general industry?
Are you an experienced EHS consultant? Do you have a BS or MS in EHS or other technical degree from an accredited brick & mortar university? Do you love a challenge? Are you a proven team builder? Are you committed to protecting people and the environment from harm? Do you live in Austin, TX or are willing to relocate? Are you excited by the idea of taking a small consulting company, with an established track record of helping small companies manage EHS compliance & risk, and growing it to 10-50X using our innovative on-site and virtual consulting models?
If yes, then please read on . . .
Are you able to both be a visionary, and put the people and systems in place to make that vision a reality?
Are you driven to make things better?
Do you have a proven track record of building & establishing EHS programs and running a team to help manage those programs?
Are you patient but determined? Are you willing to put in the hard work that progress will take?
If you’ve made it this far, then YES, we want to talk to you!
We’re searching for a Manager of Environmental Health & Safety Consulting Services, and coach & team builder, to roll up their sleeves to create the culture and environment that can 10-50x our consulting capabilities through our on-site and virtual consulting & training programs in the next 3-5 years, through innovation, process improvements & building a world class consulting team.
Why would you want to take on this challenge?
- You love the idea of taking a small, successful consulting business and building it into a sustainable, world class organization that takes care of its employees and transforms client companies
- You want to be part of a cutting edge, innovative & proven consulting approach that helps at-risk small company “underdogs” achieve EHS compliance & risk reduction
- You want to be in charge and grow your own team
- You want to mentor & guide recent graduates & newbies
- You want to be trusted and valued for your ideas & see the fruits of these
- You want to build your leadership and management skills and become entrenched within the company at a broad level, honing your business, customers service and technical skills
- You work best through “freedom within guidelines”. You’ll enjoy a high level of autonomy but you’ll be working within parameters and maximizing the potential of the building blocks you’re given.
- You don’t need to see your name up in lights or work for a glamorous marquee company. Rather, you like being entrusted with someone’s vision and bringing it to fruition.
- You’re a highly experienced EHS professional but are willing to learn & follow our process first & then enhance it.
- You don’t mind working long hours and pouring yourself into your work, in exchange for a real sense of satisfaction and progress at the end of each day.
- You appreciate having the support and backup of the business owner, who’ll be right there with you on this mission.
If you’re frustrated by lack of “management commitment” to EHS, your current program has a “hit the ceiling” with nowhere to else to go, corporate politics, drama, and being told something “can’t be done” or “has always been done this way”, so are we! There’s no room in business (or in life) for lack of commitment, silos, holding grudges, or maximizing problems. We want people who are energetic, enthusiastic, and positive, who inspire others and have a natural sense of leadership.
This is a key position, so you’ll also be absolutely trustworthy (since we’re entrusting you with the development of our business hopes and vision). You are open and honest about both the positive and negative state of things. (If you are used to withholding bad information in order to make yourself look good, this is not the job for you.) And you’re not afraid of risk, but you’re also not reckless or a gambler at heart. In short, you use good judgement and have a strong sense of ethics.
You’ll be compensated well, with your compensation tied to your success. We know you’re ambitious (without being cut-throat), and we want to reward your efforts accordingly.
If this is you, let’s talk!
APPLY NOW BY RESPONDING TO THE EMAIL WE SENT OR BY FORWARDING YOUR RESUME TO CAREERS@BES-CORP.COM