This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven, ambitious, flexible and hands-on individual to join our team at Berg Compliance Solutions. FYI, we specialize in helping small companies protect their employees, local community & the environment from harm by building and maintaining environmental, health and safety compliance programs.
This role is a hybrid role, with weekly office time at our Austin, TX HQ. You’ll report directly to the business owner and be responsible for multiple tasks, with a focus on implementing marketing campaigns to generate leads, acquire new customer,s and retain existing customers.
As the Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating, planning and executing marketing campaigns across multiple media channels.
As the Office Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the business owner with various projects and tasks, as well as recruiting, bookkeeping and assisting our staff consultants.
You will establish a collaborative working relationship with the business owner, who will work with you on strategic and big-picture goals.
Your job will be to take the strategic guidance and make it a reality with tactical implementation and execution. The ability to organize, plan, and structure your workload in an autonomous fashion will be absolutely key to your success in this role. We neither have the time nor the inclination to micromanage you. You’ll have a lot of freedom in this role but also a lot of responsibility.
THE SIX NON-NEGOTIABLES OF THIS ROLE ARE:
- Copy writing. You’ll be crafting direct marketing campaigns across email, direct mail, web and social media. Your English written skills need to be excellent, and we will expect to see samples of your previous work.
- Being tech-savvy. You don’t need to be a technical expert, but you must be tech-savvy and be able to learn how to use new marketing tools and technologies quickly. While we don’t expect you to know all of the tools we use, we do expect you to be comfortable with tech and able to pick up the concepts. Your daily tools of the trade will be CRM systems, content management systems, email marketing, etc.
- Leadership potential. Initially, you’ll be our only in-house marketing person, but as you hit goals, we fully expect this role to morph into a marketing team leader role where you will manage a team of marketing assistants and content creators.
- Project management. Ideally, you’ve had experience in project management. A large part of this role is creating and adhering to deadlines, drafting budgets, and moving simultaneous projects forward to completion.
- Being teachable and coacheable. There will be a LOT of learning on the job as we do marketing very differently. There is no place here for know-it-alls. We hire based primarily on attitude.
- Being a self-starter. Goals will be clearly defined from the outset. Often, it will be your job to determine what needs to happen, when and how. The attitude of continually starting things on your own is very important.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Marketing CRM Management: Managing and scheduling emails, automations, and workflows in ConvertKit. Build out email marketing campaigns, sequences, and newsletters.
- Optimize marketing systems and processes from top-of-funnel awareness through to customer acquisition. Optimize the customer experience and increase customer lifetime value.
- Email & Content Marketing: Writing and optimizing emails, creating content for multi-channel campaigns, and updating website to optimize for conversion.
- Graphic Design: Designing lead magnets, resources, content, and landing pages.
- Create and manage content calendar: Develop a content plan, create, schedule, and analyze content. Build high-value content assets and repurpose them across media channels.
- Recruiting Assistance: Berg Compliance will have a continual need to recruit and onboard “A-player” consultants to support our aggressive growth plans. Tasks will include both inbound and outbound recruiting tasks (emails, calls, liaising with partners).
- Customer Service: Ongoing customer service tasks and assistance as needed, including support ticket management and email response.
- Office Support: Assisting consulting staff and business owner with misc. tasks as needed, including market research, projects, scheduling, creating systems.
- Tracking KPIs: Weekly tracking of key metrics related to marketing activities. What gets measured gets managed.
- Video production: Coordinating and managing video content and production pipeline, managing videographer, and scheduling video content. Basic video editing skills a plus!
TOOLS WE USE:
- Google Workspace
- Bookkeeping: Basic bookkeeping experience, including sales & use/property/unemployment taxes, end-of-year tax preparation, AP, AR, and reconciliation using QuickBooks or other standard software.
- Video editing.
PERKS OF THE JOB
- This is a hybrid position
- Flexible work hours (although it is expected for you to be available during regular work hours in Central Time)
- Gain marketing and management experience (career development and upskilling provided)
- This role starts at 20 hours per week with the potential for full-time after an initial 1-3 month period
- $34 000 – $55 000 per, depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, send responses to the tasks below AND your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with why this role interests you.
Part 1: Please create a 3-minute video that includes the following:
– Introduce yourself! We want to get to know you 🙂
– Tell us about a marketing project you are proud of. What was your role, the goal, and the outcome?
– What is a brand you admire and why?
– What would you bring to the team that no one else would?
Part 2: Write the first email in a welcome sequence for a lead magnet download of your choice.
Part 3: Create a LinkedIn post to promote a blog post of your choice.
Please email your responses to with the subject line “Marketing Coordinator & Office Assistant Application” to email@example.com to be considered for the role.
The final step of the process will be an invitation to interview with the Berg Compliance team.