Given the current Coronavirus situation, Berg Compliance Solutions (“BCS”) has implemented the following procedures to be followed by our consultants during site visits to conduct safety inspections and provide training and related services.
These procedures are designed to help prevent the risk of Coronavirus spread from BCS consultant to client employees, and vice versa, and ultimately to assure our clients that BCS is committed to taking all necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this new virus.
During site visits, BCS consultants shall follow these procedures:
- Refrain from handshakes. Rather than shaking hands, BCS consultants may explain why handshakes can contribute to the risk of spread, and/or “fist bump” as a substitute.
- Attempt to maintain a general 6’ distance between themselves and client staff. We realize that this will be challenging to follow at all times, and that successful implementation may be dependent on client site limitations, etc, however it is our intent to follow CDC guidance on maintaining 6’ distance.
- Refrain from touching of client staff.
- Refrain from and/or limit touching of client workplace surfaces including guardrails, desks, etc.
In addition to these on-site procedures, please be aware that Berg Compliance Solutions has implemented the following internal control and prevention procedures:
- While working in our office, consultants must work at least 6’ from each other at all times (ie: while sitting at our desks, talking, conference table, etc.)
- We have placed a Purell bottle at the entrance to our office which all employees must use to sanitize their hands prior to entering office, after every office exit.
- Staff are encouraged to wash hands regularly with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Staff are instructed to not touch their faces
- All business air travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Staff are required to inform management immediately upon the onset of ANY new illness symptoms including cough, fever, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc. BCS recognizes that as part of our control and prevention efforts, it’s crucial to report any potential respiratory illness including flu, cold as well as Covid-19, because all of these illnesses create an impact on the Coronavirus situation.
- Any staff who present and report ANY symptoms will be advised to go home and contact their physician for further advice and will be prohibited from reporting to our office or client locations.
We realize that some of our clients may have already instituted policies prohibiting any external site visitors, and if so, please let us know.
Also please be aware that it is our intention to continue providing on-site health and safety services to our clients until conditions change or CDC or other relevant government agencies strongly recommend against, or prohibit such site visits.