Are you considering hiring an internal environmental, health and safety compliance manager for your company?
If you’ve never done this before, you might want to think twice about the decision and here’s why:
Here are some of the most common challenges facing small companies when trying to recruit and hire an internal EHS compliance manager:
- Recruiting: During recruiting process, it’s very difficult to properly vet a candidate’s experience & qualifications unless you have lots of experience doing this.
- Management: It’s very difficult to oversee and manage an EHS manager if senior management doesn’t have expertise in EHS rules, regulations and requirements. We’ve heard from many companies over the years who hired an EHS manager only to learn too late that the person wasn’t even doing their job, and management had no idea.
- Limited Knowledge Most EHS professionals either specialize in health & safety (OSHA) or environmental compliance. Qualified “generalists” who have good experience & education in both disciplines are very rare (and expensive). Even if you’re able to find a good candidate, they’ll still have limitations and so your company will probably still need to seek outside consultants to deal with various issues (especially environmental compliance/air).
- High salary: A good OSHA compliance manager in Texas will want $85-100K+ per year, and a good generalist will want $150K+
- Accountability: What’s going to happen if your company fails an OSHA inspection or TCEQ inspection? Are you going to fire your EHS manager and then start the process all over again?
These are just some of the major considerations, but for a deeper dive into the challenges involved with recruiting and hiring an in-house EHS manager, CHECKOUT THIS BLOG POST. It’s based on my many years of experience recruiting safety and environmental compliance managers.
Our Assured Compliance service solves these problems:
- You’ll have access to our entire team who can address virtually any EHS issue. See our Team page here: https://bes-corp.com/contact-us/our-team/
- Between everyone on our team, we can handle virtually any OSHA, EPA or TCEQ compliance requirement.
- Our annual cost is a fraction of the cost of a full time employee
- Accountability: we will guarantee your company’s OSHA compliance
To Learn More About Our Turn-Key
Outsourced EHS Compliance Services
Call 512-457-0374 or COMPLETE OUR CONTACT FORM